Thursday, June 20, 2013

Miracles... do you believe in them?

Just reflecting back over my life, I think of all of the prayers I have prayed and prayers that others have prayed for me.  I think of all of the answered and unanswered prayers.  I do love the song, "Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers".   At the time, it doesn't feel so great when my prayers aren't being answered and it feels like the heaven's have closed to me.  But then, usually in the short distance, I can see where God was just looking out for me... and His will came before mine.  I realize that God sees the bigger picture.  He sees what is coming down the road... and He knows before I do what I need and when I need it.  He orders the steps of a righteous man.  Not that I claim to be righteous but I strive to be righteous.

So, back to my question... do you believe in miracles?  Do I believe in miracles?  Every day when my feet hit the ground and I start my day off with good health, that is a miracle.  Every night when I tuck my children into bed and kiss them goodnight, that is a miracle.  I know where they came from... I know the odds of them being in our house in Louisiana.  But I also know that when they were still in their moms womb, that God knew where they would end up.  He knew who they would come home too and yes, that my friend, is a miracle.

Sometimes we pray for things that we think we need or want... but God has a different plan.  It is hard to trust Him when we want or need so desperately.  But more times than not, His plan is better than ours. 

Trust.  Believe.  Know that ALL things work together for the good of those that love the Lord...

No comments: